Wednesday, August 11, 2010

After 11 Tools: Reflections

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
I like to di videos of classroom activities, because my students can remember a lot of thing we have done. Also, they like to see their act out again and again.
I would like to use skype to communicate with other class and my students can watch other students and interact each other.
And the image generator was a great idea, my students have heros and special character that can be used to communicate special skills or special stuff.


2. How have you transfomed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?
Yes, the technology can be used to teach with teacher explanations and to teach without teacher. The students can be watching materials and videos and they will be learning and having fun.
I have seen how student worked with IPods and how they were finding out a lot of apps, and how the apps works. The student were spending some time playing and learning and then.... some student were teaching other students.
Usually I give some hardcopies of pictures or apps, or any special screen in order the student can make drawings or having some free writing.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
Yes, I like the way we can do special bookmarks and how we can share them. I like the sites that have great and FREE stuff, because we can use it, and now that I am a Digital citizen, I can add my comments, and suggestions to these sites.
My students were spending some time in Youtube, but Prek students can not surf by Youtube by their selves, the teacher or other adult have to taking care of them.
I like to do electronic books and the students can add some text or can add more images. This help to integrate the students and ahow them they can be author and illustrators too.

No comments:

Post a Comment